In response to jakesprinters weekly photo challenge, I give you my FAVORITE… ^^
from the tree to your kitchen ^^
buko / young coconut salad — always present in every occasion ^^
I already told you how gaga I am over coconut water in my older post** — it’s nature’s soft drink! ^^ It’s a great way to rehydrate your body, raise metabolism, promote weight loss, detoxify, cleanse your digestive tract and prevent urinary tract infections. I’m glad that I get to kill several birds with this one
stone post. It’s a great way to spark awareness on the health benefits of the coconut water as well as the other uses of the coconut tree from root to tip:
• Coconut Roots can be used for medicinal purposes.
• Coconut Trunk yields durable wood which is made to various pieces of furniture and structures.
• Coconut Husk is utilized to make rope, matting, and coarse cloth.
• Coconut Leaves are used for roofing, paper pulp, midrib brooms, hats, fans, bags, etc
• Coconut Inflorescence is used to produce Coconut Juice or Tuba – otherwise known as the “poor man’s wine”.
• Virgin coconut oil is used for cosmetic and healing purposes.
• Coconut Shell can be used as materials for handicrafts.
• And lastly, let’s not forget the coconut cooking oil and coconut vinegar which are staples in our household. ^^
And that’s just the really short version. The coconut tree has many more wonderful uses but that’s what google is for 😉
I love the coconut tree! It gives and gives ‘til there’s no more… It’s only appropriate for it to be called the Tree of Life. 🙂
Photos taken @ family-owned farm in Bombon, Cam Sur during last year’s visit ^^ no way to glam up the pics — it is what it is, naturally beautiful.
*older post here for What to Eat in the Philippines ^^