Do blog awards matter?
Does receiving them mean that your blog has the most followers? Or that it gets the most views? Or that your posts have the best content? Nope, not really. Blog awards aren’t symbols of popularity, neither are they testimonies of quality content.
So, do blog awards matter?
Well… to some of us at least ^^ They matter coz they’re tokens of appreciation… symbols of gratitude and expressions of love. Answering the questions, making a post can surely be a tedious task but that’s what makes it special I guess… coz the people who gave them to me took the time and effort to create a post just to send the love my way. ^^ In the blogosphere I think they’re like the equivalent of flowers. You know, when someone sends you a bouquet of roses not coz it’s Valentine’s day or coz it’s your birthday but “just because” they thought about you. Out of the gazillion bazillion blogs out there, you thought of mine. So thank you 🙂
As for my nominees, to post about the blog award or not is completely up to you ^^ I know some of the bloggers I’ve nominated don’t usually participate in awards but I couldn’t help it. What can I say, your blog just happens to be epically awesome ^^
Thanks MissFourEyes for the Epically Awesome Blog Award of Epic Awesomeness
I’m supposed to tell 10 epic and/or awesome facts about myself. Here goes…
1) I love my boyfriend coz he thinks I’m a freakin’ genius 99.9 % of the time!! Other guys’ll prolly just think I’m crazy ^^
2) Boyfie prolly feels the same way about me. 🙂
3) When I was a kid, I dialed 666 so I could speak with the devil. The line was busy of course.
4) I don’t use credit cards. And prolly never will. I don’t believe they’re convenient at all.
5) I stopped wearing headbands when Blair Waldorf stopped wearing them.
6) I love cooking and the last meal I prepared was beef shawarma, for lunch today ^^ yum
7) I’m always late for dates (not work-related ones). It’s not that I wear a lot of cosmetics or anything, it’s just that I tend to bathe and dress at a very languorous pace
8) I spent a great deal of my childhood living in a hotel, where my brother and I would wander off as far as 4 floors above and peek into newlyweds’ rooms and they’d be like ‘awwww cuties!’ but we would never ever set foot in their rooms even if they have candy or whatever. We were pretty smart and suspicious kids. ^^
9) Even at an early age, I knew what those newlyweds just did. lol *shrugs*
And finally an epic fact, (because apparently we’re obliged to share some dirty secrets. lol)
10) An embarrassing moment: When I was 14, and vacationing at my uncle’s in San Francisco, it was early morning and I was still asleep when my grandma crept inside my room so she could pray the rosary there. (coz the window there’s huge and facing the sunrise or something) And then, my blanket fell off. I was half-awake, mortified, and too stunned to move. So I just kinda pretended to be still asleep ‘til my grandma, prolly cos peaceful prayer was made impossible by the epically awesome view of my naked adolescent body, went over to pick up the blanket and covered me up. harhar I was a teenager so ugh, that was the most awkward part of it all. ><
Epically Awesome Blogs of Epic Awesomeness
Eric M. Vogt – who I wanted to nominate for the first cup too but saw that he already has it ^^
Thanks High Five and Raspberries for The First Cup Award
“Choose three (3) bloggers’ artistic works that could make you stop and ponder even if you’ve only finished your first cup of coffee, tea, juicer, alcohol or other beverage you normally partake of first thing in the morn”
There were great writers to choose from and I ultimately ended up with these epic three:
Thanks Bee for the Awesome Blog Content Award
*for this award, make a list of awesome A-Z facts about yourself ^^ my A-Z here
Thanks AvA_Martini for the Versatile Blogger Award
and I’d like to share this award with the following bloggers:
Thanks April for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award and I’d like to share this award with the following fabulous ladies:
I’d like to grab this opportunity to welcome some new blog followers. Seriously, thank you. 🙂
I’d also like to thank Bee for giving me the Liebster Blog Award ^^ which I’m willing to share with any new blogger (who’s been blogging for only two months or less) in my community ^^ Just be sure to link back so I could acknowledge you in this post^^
Whew! haha Again, thank you guys for showing me an epically awesome time during the past few months. ^^
xoxo – KZ