Do blog awards matter?
Does receiving them mean that your blog has the most followers? Or that it gets the most views? Or that your posts have the best content? Nope, not really. Blog awards aren’t symbols of popularity, neither are they testimonies of quality content.
So, do blog awards matter?
Well… to some of us at least ^^ They matter coz they’re tokens of appreciation… symbols of gratitude and expressions of love. Answering the questions, making a post can surely be a tedious task but that’s what makes it special I guess… coz the people who gave them to me took the time and effort to create a post just to send the love my way. ^^ In the blogosphere I think they’re like the equivalent of flowers. You know, when someone sends you a bouquet of roses not coz it’s Valentine’s day or coz it’s your birthday but “just because” they thought about you. Out of the gazillion bazillion blogs out there, you thought of mine. So thank you 🙂
As for my nominees, to post about the blog award or not is completely up to you ^^ I know some of the bloggers I’ve nominated don’t usually participate in awards but I couldn’t help it. What can I say, your blog just happens to be epically awesome ^^
Thanks MissFourEyes for the Epically Awesome Blog Award of Epic Awesomeness
I’m supposed to tell 10 epic and/or awesome facts about myself. Here goes…
1) I love my boyfriend coz he thinks I’m a freakin’ genius 99.9 % of the time!! Other guys’ll prolly just think I’m crazy ^^
2) Boyfie prolly feels the same way about me. 🙂
3) When I was a kid, I dialed 666 so I could speak with the devil. The line was busy of course.
4) I don’t use credit cards. And prolly never will. I don’t believe they’re convenient at all.
5) I stopped wearing headbands when Blair Waldorf stopped wearing them.
6) I love cooking and the last meal I prepared was beef shawarma, for lunch today ^^ yum
7) I’m always late for dates (not work-related ones). It’s not that I wear a lot of cosmetics or anything, it’s just that I tend to bathe and dress at a very languorous pace
8) I spent a great deal of my childhood living in a hotel, where my brother and I would wander off as far as 4 floors above and peek into newlyweds’ rooms and they’d be like ‘awwww cuties!’ but we would never ever set foot in their rooms even if they have candy or whatever. We were pretty smart and suspicious kids. ^^
9) Even at an early age, I knew what those newlyweds just did. lol *shrugs*
And finally an epic fact, (because apparently we’re obliged to share some dirty secrets. lol)
10) An embarrassing moment: When I was 14, and vacationing at my uncle’s in San Francisco, it was early morning and I was still asleep when my grandma crept inside my room so she could pray the rosary there. (coz the window there’s huge and facing the sunrise or something) And then, my blanket fell off. I was half-awake, mortified, and too stunned to move. So I just kinda pretended to be still asleep ‘til my grandma, prolly cos peaceful prayer was made impossible by the epically awesome view of my naked adolescent body, went over to pick up the blanket and covered me up. harhar I was a teenager so ugh, that was the most awkward part of it all. ><
Epically Awesome Blogs of Epic Awesomeness
Eric M. Vogt – who I wanted to nominate for the first cup too but saw that he already has it ^^
Alison and Don
Unfamous Diary of Pulubing Turista
Thanks High Five and Raspberries for The First Cup Award
“Choose three (3) bloggers’ artistic works that could make you stop and ponder even if you’ve only finished your first cup of coffee, tea, juicer, alcohol or other beverage you normally partake of first thing in the morn”
There were great writers to choose from and I ultimately ended up with these epic three:
Coffee With Yer Buccaneer
Thanks Bee for the Awesome Blog Content Award
*for this award, make a list of awesome A-Z facts about yourself ^^ my A-Z here
I’d like to share this award with the following bloggers:
The Diary of a Not So Ordinary Wife
Thanks AvA_Martini for the Versatile Blogger Award
and I’d like to share this award with the following bloggers:
Thanks April for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award and I’d like to share this award with the following fabulous ladies:
I’d like to grab this opportunity to welcome some new blog followers. Seriously, thank you. 🙂
I’d also like to thank Bee for giving me the Liebster Blog Award ^^ which I’m willing to share with any new blogger (who’s been blogging for only two months or less) in my community ^^ Just be sure to link back so I could acknowledge you in this post^^
Whew! haha Again, thank you guys for showing me an epically awesome time during the past few months. ^^
xoxo – KZ
Congrats 🙂 and thanks a lot for your nomination
thank you ^^ your blog is awesome , congrats! 🙂
Congrats, kz:) Thank you for the nomination. I love cooking too and don’t prefer credit cards either..we have that in common
great to know ^^
thank you and congrats too 🙂
Thank you very much! ☺ I take a look this evening, I need to go to my theater now…
have a great day ^^ congratulations
Well done 🙂
To me, awards are a way of advertising other blogs. Each blog that you have mentioned, I will go and visit, and maybe follow at least one of them (if I’m not already) It doesn’t matter the award, as long as other blogs are mentioned 🙂
thank you ^^ very true. these blogs are definitely worth mentioning ^^
Yes, I’ve had a look through them 🙂
thank you ^^
Congratulations on your awards and thank you for your nomination. 🙂
thank you and you’re welcome ^^ definitely well-deserved ^^
Congratulations, full deserved… 🙂
“hahaha” – “I’m always late for dates”
– this indicate the fact you a real lady… “lol”
hahaha so that’s the indicator that one’s a real lady.lol and the indicator of real gentlemen, is that they’re willing to wait.lol
Of course real gentlemen wait patiently,
because they know what worth waiting for… “lol”
Two awards on the same weekend..omg my head barely fits through the door. I am speechless..and honored, thank-you
haha well, they’re well deserved ^^ congrats
Well deserved awards. Congratulations! Thanks for liking my Roads photos. One of those things you don’t think about very much, but it was fun searching through my photos for examples.
i agree , cee comes up with great themes ^^ thank you
thanks, kz. 🙂 appreciate this and will add it to my collection soon. 🙂
congrats and you’re very welcome ^^
CONGRATULATIONS on receiving all these award. Thank you for nominating me for one of them. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!
thanks and congratulations too ^^ well-deserved ^^
Thank you, Kz! #3 was awesome! Hahaha
haha and i thought all kids went through that! lol ><
Congrats on all your awards and thank you very much for nominating mine for the ABC award
you’re welcome and congrats! ^^
Awwww, thank you kz. A big hug and smooch to you 🙂
I feel honoured once again. Thank you for this big beautiful epically awesome bouquet of flowers.
it’s perfect for your beautiful epically awesome blog ^^ congrats ^^
Congrats to you! Thank you for including me!
thanks so much and congrats too ^^
Wow, kz; an Epically Awesome Award, plus…..!
Congratulations, you deserve all the known awards in the Universe, and then some… 🙂
Thank You, kz; I’m honoured… 😉
I wonder what it is about credit cards…? I’ve been offered many, but hey, I’ve never liked them and prolly won’t ever have one (good old cash, a cheque book and a debit card get me through any transaction… 😉
I wasn’t surprised you rang 666; you’re that kind of girl, kz; you just gotta know – right..!?!
Like you, kz, I have a few awards on the back shelf waiting for their day to shine… I guess I’ll just have to ‘pull my finger out of that procrastinator’ and get the job done….
Thank You once again; you know how I feel about you… Lots o’ love and kisses….
yup cash and cheque is good. credit card’s a waste. and not good for a shopaholic lol hmmnn i actually thought everyone tried to dial 666 at some point. sheer curiosity but the devil din’t pick up. lol congrats and you’re very welcome ^^
Many thanks kz much obliged!
you’re welcome and congrats too ^^
Thanks so much, kz! *hugs*
you’re very welcome! ^^
congratulations! and thank you for the nomination.. 🙂
you’re absolutely welcome ^^ congrats too