1) Marie Antoinette, Queen of France – “Pardonnez-moi, monsieur.” (to her executioner)
2) Coco Chanel – “As soon as you set foot on a yacht you belong to some man, not to yourself, and you die of boredom.”
3) Audrey Hepburn – “I don’t want to be alone, I want to be left alone.”
4) Marilyn Monroe – “Do I look happy? I should—for I was a child nobody wanted. A lonely girl with a dream—who awakened to find that dream come true. I am Marilyn Monroe. Read my Cinderella story.”
5) Blair Waldorf - “Haven’t you heard? I’m the crazy bitch around here.”
We’d talk about fashion and dresses… We’d talk about men — but only the significant ones like Truman Capote and Harry Winston. Yes, I believe diamonds will be discussed! I’d want to learn as much as I can from these women. I’d absorb everything like a sponge… If their beauty, grace and charm are somehow contagious, I so wanna catch it! I’ll take any advice that these women can give me.
After a while we’ll be talking about sordid scandals and affairs. We’d talk about the Queen’s sensual escapades — if they were true, about Coco Chanel’s time as Balsan’s mistress, and Blair, how is The Chuck Bass in bed??? ^^
Then we’ll talk about being misjudged and misunderstood. About their pains of being constantly scrutinized by the public eye and the pressure of having to meet everyone’s expectations.
And just before they disappear, I wanna hear it…. the truth. I wanna hear their side of the story. And if they’d let me, I shall write myself into exhaustion until I am able to tell the world of their untold stories.
Yes I have shamelessly copy pasted parts of my old post Virtual Dinner Party. check it out if you want a more detailed description of how I intend to welcome my 5 guests. ^^
So I’d rather be around people who are either dead or fictional. I wonder what that says about me…